Well I have been a bit busier at my part time day job so have neglected my blogging a little.
Where did I finish off last time? That’s right we were in Florence … eating
So I have covered:
* where to find cheaper eats in Florence
* the cost of climbing the Duomo
* Street signs (for if you are looking for something/where)
* supermarkets (supermercato: essalunga and coop)
Now the next part of our journey was the big tour bus for Florence to get an idea of what to do and where to go in Florence during our 3 month stay.
We did a “hop on hop off” bus tour with Florence Open Tour buses.
* At the moment they are having a fantastic deal from 15 July-30 July 2011, you can buy a 24 hour ticket for $16.21 AUD (normally $27). So if you happen to be reading this blog and are heading to or are in Florence now for a few weeks book your tour NOW.
Our tour began across the road from Stazione Firenze SMN (Santa Maria Novella) We hopped on the bus and travelled through the city. For our first trip we decided to stay on the bus until we returned to the same place and decided where to get off on the next round. This way we saw everything and it only took about 1 hour for the bus to do the whole trip. This was the idea, although when we saw Piazzale Michelangelo we hopped off to see the wonderous view of the city we were making home for 3 months. And what a view that was.
The view of the Duomo
more to come…. soon I promise.
Please feel free to leave comments and let me know what you think of my posts.